This position is expected to work with only general direction and guidance from
the Manager to deliver consistent results. The individual is expected to draw
heavily on their independent expertise, knowledge and implementation
experience to successfully complete their assigned tasks in a timely manner. The
AdOps will work with the digital solutions team, account services, agency clients
and vendors with increasing levels of independence depending on the
deliverables and their performance. They must utilize good judgment, discretion
and professionalism in order to deliver consistent results and problem-solving.
They are expected to provide clear and regular updates on their active workload,
job progress and any roadblocks that may impede their success.
The Ad Operations Specialist (AdOps) is responsible for creating, implementing,
testing and troubleshooting digital tracking initiatives based on the requirements
provided by clients, internal strategy, analysts, vendors and developers. Using that
information AdOps will set up online tracking and then monitor the results for the
agency and client. The Ad Operations Specialist must be accustomed to working
in a dynamic, time-compressed, high-tech environment and completing a variety
of tasks in parallel. Since this individual will be working with both external clients
and vendors, along with internal teams, excellent communication and
documentation skills are a must.
● The AdOps will be knowledgeable in web tracking technologies, related
tracking platforms and upcoming trends in the space. They will be required to
learn new technologies and systems as the need arises.
● The AdOps will be work on various web tracking initiatives with the
responsibility of clearly setting and communicating expectations with all
● The AdOps will establish and successfully manage against the implementation
● The AdOps will ensure projects are on track, so that accurate information is
reliably captured and provides the necessary insight to inform the agency’s
digital marketing strategies.
● The AdOps will proactively conduct in-depth quality assurance through the
use of debugging and analytical tools to ensure data accuracy and hygiene.
● The AdOps will be the lead in troubleshooting known or suspected problems
with the tagging/tracking technology used in implemented projects.
● The AdOps will communicate with internal teams regarding strategy and
business needs and plans to support those endeavors.
● The AdOps must be able to handle multiple projects and clients
● The AdOps must be able to work under tight deadlines and have strong
attention to detail.
● The AdOps must be familiar with Google Ad Manager & Google analytics.
● Preferably 1+ year the digital space or web content management
● Minimum of 1+ years in digital advertising operations, web tagging and/or
● Excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
● Ad Ops, tracking and tagging expertise in one or more of the following:
● Display (DCM, Facebook, media vendor pixels)
● Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
● Web Analytics (Google Analytics)
● Audience Insights pixels
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Knowledge of or experience with two or more of the following is a plus:
● Debugging processes
● Ad Ops, tracking and tagging.